Welcome back to our Not a Podcast, your weekly-ish peek behind the curtain into the chaotic book-creating magic that is Kit Rocha. Bree & Donna will be answering questions, discussing our process, being really real and honest about the joys and hardships of self-publishing, and mostly admitting the truth: nobody knows what’s going on. Especially not us. Expect this to be barely edited, full of tangents and sometimes inadvisably authentic.
This is Bree & Donna, unfiltered. Click play below to listen in your browser, or scroll down for our iTunes link. (More links coming as we grapple with the reality that this actually just happened.)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 43:36 — 40.0MB) Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 43:36 — 40.0MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week’s episode includes, but is not limited to:
- Chatter about two-party consent phone recording.
- Texting Alisha Rai about alien spore.
- Diego Luna in Star Wars.
- Our Origin Story: how Wolverine and drama over first person POV fanfic brought us together.
- Bree unplugs her microphone. And doesn’t edit it out.
Listener/reader questions tackled this week:
- Do you live near each other?
- How do you split up publication tasks?
- How Donna creates polished manuscripts.
- Bree’s basic self-pub production workflow.
- Advice for new authors seeking to self-publish.
- Why we chose solar flares as our apocalypse.
- The Solar Superstorm of 2012
- Rogue One actually comes out March 24th, Bree’s gonna have to wait 9 days.
A podcast where two bestselling cowriters try to figure out how they make books happen.