Welcome back to our Not a Podcast, your weekly-ish peek behind the curtain into the chaotic book-creating magic that is Kit Rocha. Bree & Donna will be answering questions, discussing our process, being really real and honest about the joys and hardships of self-publishing, and mostly admitting the truth: nobody knows what’s going on. Especially not us. Expect this to be barely edited, full of tangents and sometimes inadvisably authentic.
This is Bree & Donna, unfiltered. Click play below to listen in your browser, or scroll down for our iTunes link. (More links coming as we grapple with the reality that this actually just happened.)
This week’s episode includes, but is not limited to:
- Chatter about two-party consent phone recording.
- Texting Alisha Rai about alien spore.
- Diego Luna in Star Wars.
- Our Origin Story: how Wolverine and drama over first person POV fanfic brought us together.
- Bree unplugs her microphone. And doesn’t edit it out.
Listener/reader questions tackled this week:
- Do you live near each other?
- How do you split up publication tasks?
- How Donna creates polished manuscripts.
- Bree’s basic self-pub production workflow.
- Advice for new authors seeking to self-publish.
- Why we chose solar flares as our apocalypse.
- The Solar Superstorm of 2012
- Rogue One actually comes out March 24th, Bree’s gonna have to wait 9 days.